How to Create a Resin Plank Table using GlassCast 3 Epoxy
Complete video tutorial covering the full process for producing a professional quality contemporary 'resin plank' table. These modern, eye catching designs are equally at home in modern apartments, creative offices, bars or bold bedrooms!
Resin plank tables are the astonishing, eye catching tables made by encapsulating planks inside coloured resin to create a very modern, contemporary style using readily available (and low cost) wood, combined with coloured resin for infinitely customisable and unique pieces.
What is Covered in the Tutorial?
The following topics are covered in this detailed tutorial:
- Design principle - the concept of the resin plank table.
- What you'll need - tools, equipment and materials for the project.
- Base and barriers - how to contain the resin.
- Pour sequence - how to structure the pours in order to fully encapsulate/float the planks.
- Calculations - how to work out how much resin you will need for each pour.
- Pouring the layers - pouring the individual layers to build up the finished table-top.
- Demoulding - removing the table from the base and barriers.
- Edge finishing - planing and polishing the edges
- Legs - fitting your choice of legs.
USED IN THIS PROJECT
Want to buy the same materials and equipment used in this tutorial? We've got you!
Please find below a list of all the materials and equipment used in this project, all available to buy right here on the GlassCast website. Shown alongside each product is the approximate quantity used in the tutorial video, to the nearest full pack.